Friday, November 12, 2010

Confession

Friday is the day when the priest comes to hear our Confessions.  It is also the day when the convent floors get scrubbed. As our workman (who is not Catholic!) observed: Fridays are a day for clean souls and clean soles!

Has it been a while since you've been to the Sacrament of Confession?
Jesus' words to St. Faustina, the Apostle of Divine Mercy:
When you go to Confession, to this fountain of My mercy, the Blood and Water which came forth from My Heart always flow down upon your soul and ennoble it. Every time you go to Confession, immerse yourself entirely in My mercy, with great trust, so that I may pour the bounty of My grace upon your soul. When you approach the confessional, know this, that
I Myself am waiting for you.    I am only hidden by the priest, but I Myself act in your soul. Here the misery of the soul meets the God of mercy. Tell souls that from this fount of mercy souls draw graces solely with the vessel of trust. If their trust is great, there is no limit to my generosity. (Diary, 1602)

Tell souls where they are to look for solace; that is, in the Tribunal of Mercy. There the greatest miracles take place and are incessantly repeated. To avail oneself of this miracle, it is not necessary to go on a great pilgrimage or carry out some external ceremony; it suffices to come with faith to the feet of My representative and to reveal to him one's misery and the miracle of Divine Mercy will be fully demonstrated. Were a soul like a decaying corpse so that from a human standpoint, there would be no hope of restoration and everything would already be lost, it is not so with God. The miracle of Divine Mercy restores that soul in full. Oh, how miserable are those who do not take advantage of the miracle of God's mercy! (1448)

2 comments:

Jairus said...

Oh, thanks for reminding me. It's been a while since I went to my last Confession.

God bless the Pink Sisters? How many percent of your community are Filipinas? Whenever I see Pink Sisters' pictures, there are always Filipina nuns! I'm so proud and happy for them!

Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters said...

We have 6 convents in the Philippines (for a list of all 22 of our convents world-wide, see our website). Currently, 9 of the 24 Sisters at Mount Grace are Filipina.