Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Dare


I dare you: spend five minutes before the Blessed Sacrament–in silence–and I bet you won't walk away the same.  Just as you can't eat just one chip, so you can't take just one look.  Often converts to our Catholic faith say they were converted by the Real Presence in the Eucharist, meaning, they knew God was truly present.  They somehow wander into a church and fall in love with God in the Eucharist.  Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament lead to my "yes" to my vocation as a religious.  The Catholic belief in the Real Presence is also the most controversial of all doctrines of the Catholic faith.  When a Catholic Church is desecrated it is done by harming the Blessed Sacrament for they know He is our real Treasure.  This Sunday we celebrate "Corpus Christi" which is a feast celebrating Christ's Real Presence with us in the Eucharist; His promise at Ascension to never leave us.  So take my dare, or are you too scared it will change you?

No comments: