Monday, July 19, 2010

Retreat!

The Sisters will be on retreat from July 19-27.  Yes, even cloistered Sisters need a break from the usual routine and the opportunity to renew ourselves in the Holy Spirit.  As our Constitutions remind us, on account of our human weakness we are all in need of continual purification until we are conformed to Christ. Our annual retreat provides an opportunity for a more intense encounter with God.  At the end of the retreat, we will renew our dedication to Christ by renewing our religious vows during the Mass.
Our retreat master this year is Brother Joel Giallanza, CSC.  Br. Joel is from the diocese of Austin and a long-time friend of our community.  He is a deeply spiritual man and we are looking forward to the wisdom he will share with us.  Please pray for us as we "go and rest awhile" (cf. Mark 6:31) in the heart of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish all the sisters a prayerful retreat. I always longed to become a nun but I suppose I am too old now. (60 years old). My longing and vocation will never dwindle however.
Nearly all our convents in The Netherlands are closed.
With my love and prayers
Pamela