Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ezekiel 37: 1-14

God shows the prophet Ezekiel a plain filled with dry bones and asks, "Son of Man, can these bones come to life?"
I respond, "No, impossible."
But Ezekiel says, "Lord God, you alone know that."
It is as though he is saying, "All things are possible for God." For behold, God tells Ezekiel, "Then you (my people) shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and have you rise from them."
What are those things in our lives and in the world about which we say, "It is impossible"? Are "our bones dried up, our hope lost"? Then ask for the spirit to give you life. May he renew us.
Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.

2 comments:

timh said...

Thank you, sister. This is especially important for me today...
Did you choose this passage for a reason?
I am attempting, since it's become available on my iPhone, to do LOTH. Is Ezekiel part of any of today's readings?

Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters said...

This passage is an option for the Vigil Mas of Pentecost. I chose it because when meditating upon it, I realized how little I actually believed God could and would do about a specific prayer intention of mine. But the fact that it was the blog today and you read it; well, that was truly God's providence!